A consumer refers to a natural or legal person who acquires, uses or makes use of goods or service for commercial or non-commercial purposes. Goods in consumer law refers to movable goods subject to sales and purchase, immovable properties for residential and holiday purposes and software, sound, image and similar intangible goods developed for use in electronic environment. Service, on the other hand, refers to any activity other than providing goods for a fee or benefit. Defective goods or services are the deficiencies occurring in the goods or services purchased by the consumer for use and preventing the goods/services from being used completely or properly. A consumer encountering such a situation has the rights that he/she can claim against the seller. The main services provided by the ITO Hukuk ve Danışmanlık regarding disputes that may arise in consumer law are as follows:
- Filing a legal action for refund of the price paid for defective goods.
- Filing a legal action requesting replacement of defective goods with non-defected ones
- Filing a legal action for compensation due to impossibility of use
- Filing a legal action to execute the legal responsibility of the manufacturer
- Filing a legal action for cancelling of a door sales contract and the return of the payments made.
- Filing a legal action for canceling the timeshare contract and refund of the money paid
- Receiving refund of costs of bank loans used before 2014
- Sending a warning and filing a legal action for a price reduction due to problems occurring in purchased brand-new vehicles
- Filing a legal action for refund of the sales price
- Filing a legal action for cancellation of the sales contract and return of the money paid.
- Filing a negative declaratory legal action regarding the absence of debt due to defective goods and services.
- Filing a legal action for getting a discount for goods due to defective goods and services.
- Applying to the consumer arbitration board due to defects found in purchased product or service.
- Objecting against decisions of consumer arbitration board
- Filing a legal action for non-pecuniary damage indemnification due to defective goods and services.